DDU Kaushal Kendra at Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, started in the year 2015, with the mission to promote Skill oriented education amongst the students. It strives to empower the youth with the much needed skill-sets and bridge the skill-gap thus contribute to the cause of nation development.
The Key highlights of various programmes running under the umbrella of DDU Kendra are:-
- Syllabus aligned as per Job market requirements: The institution is committed to design a curriculum fitting to the requirements in the industry concerned involving experts from both the academia and Industry.
- Focus on Practical/Hands-on training: We believe that we don’t learn until we practice. The Skill component weighs more that 60% of the syllabi of every semester with major focus on practical and implementation.
- Multiple Entry-Exit Points: The B.Voc. Course Structure framework is designed keeping in view the requirements of country’s workforce who could opt to switch from academics to industry and back to academics again starting from where the student has left.
- Skill Certification valid worldwide: The students are trained for the Qualification packs (i.e. Job roles) identified under National Skill Qualification Framework(NSQF) as assessed by Sector Skill Councils at the identified exit points( 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years). On successful completion of the assessment students are issued Skill certificates recognized not only India but worldwide
- Dual benefits: The students who complete their 3 year in Bachelor of Vocation & two year Master of Vocation programmes are awarded degree by parent university GNDU along with the Sector Skill Certification they earn after clearing assessments by the concerned Sector Skill Councils
- Tie-ups with Leading Industries: The institution has tie-ups with the leading players in the concerned Industry to provide exposure to the students through field visits/internships which form part of the course curriculum.
- Workshops by the experts: Alongside the regular class room training the experts conduct workshops with the students.
- Continuous Involvement with the Industry: Industry-Academia meet, Celebrating the Skilled youth, Placement Drive and Board of Studies meetings are many occasions where we invite our Industry partners to give their valuable inputs, interact with the students and faculty providing much needed platform for exchange and interchanging of ideas.
- Experienced and Trained Faculty: The Institution has experienced and trained faculty with Industrial experience as well. This helps to bring better perspective to imparting skills to the students by those who are well-trained for it.
- Nominal Fee Structure: The students need to pay nominal fee to join these courses.
- No restriction on Age-Gap, Study-gap: The students can get admission irrespective of the gap in study provided they meet eligibility requirement for respective courses(which is 10+2 in case of B.Voc. courses)
- Economically weaker section benefitted: The students can avail various scholarships/concession offered by the college on basis of merit or economic grounds.