The key highlights of the B.Voc.(Animation) are as follows:
1. Job oriented training: The course curriculum is designed in concurrence with the Qualification packs (job roles) relevant to the Media and Entertainment Sector as identified by the Media and Entertainment Skill Council. The students are trained as the job requirements of the industry.
2. Flexible Course Structure
The B.Voc. Courses are designed in a way that these courses offer four exit points i.e. after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.
The student is awarded
a) Certificate Course (Animation): if opts exit after successful completion of 6 months
b) Diploma (Animation): if opts exit after successful completion of 1 year
c) Advanced Diploma (Animation): if opts exit after successful completion of two years
d) B.Voc.(Animation) – On successful completion of 3 years.
The students joining M.Voc(Animation & VFX) have the following options as exit levels:
a) PG Diploma(Animation & VFX) on successful completion of one year
b) M.Voc(Animation & VFX) on successful completion of two years.
3. Dual Advantage: The students not only get a regular degree but also Certification by NSDC- MHRD, Govt of India after successfully clearing the test conducted by MESC appointed assessors.
At each of the four exit points, students are assessed by their Sector specific – Sector Skill Council as identified by NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The students get Certificates after clearing the job role assessment recognised nationally as well as internationally.
4. Nominal fee Structure:
The Students have added advantage to learn the skills in demand at very nominal fee.
5. Industry Standard Curriculum:
The curriculum is designed in consultations with the experts from the concerned industry, representative and curriculum experts of the sector skill Councils and academic experts for the affiliating universities. The curriculum is designed keeping in view the requirements of the industry. The students are also taken for industrial trips and go through internships and training as part of their curriculum. The curriculum is reviewed periodically by the above-mentioned stakeholders for the best interests of the students.
6. Infrastructure: The KMV’s Animation department has state of the art infrastructure. It includes well-furnisheddedicated labs for Animation with the latest hardware and software as the course demands
7. Well qualified Faculty: The students are trained by highly trained, well-qualified and dedicated faculty who oversees the well- being of students. The institution arranges Faculty development programmes and provides opportunities to the faculty to visit industry and attend training/orientation programs as the concerned course demands.
8. Industrial Exposure: Industrial exposure through Industry Visits/Projects and Training: Workshop by the experts, Internships/Industry visits/Industry trainings is the regular feature of the courses where students get exposure of the work ethics and practices in the industry