Skilling, Up-skilling & Re-skilling are the need of the hour. Education enlightens us with knowledge, but a skill empowers us, enables us to grow professionally, personally, and leads us and our country to the path of economic progress.
Skill based education requires the participation of major stakeholders in education, identification of various sectors and policy framework. This is what National Policy of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship 2015, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) intend to do. These initiatives facilitated much needed participation and ownership of the industry to ensuring implementation of need- based training programmes. This all led to new developments in the field of Skill Education and DDU Kaushal Kendra is one of the prominent schemes introduced to encourage and promote Skill based education by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), India
Kanya Maha Vidyalaya(KMV), since its inception in 1886, has always been instrumental in bringing about transformative changes in social order in general and the status of women in particular. Keeping with its vision and mission in 2015, KMV integrated innovative initiatives into its educational system towards up-gradation of skilled human competencies to equip of its students with vocational and entrepreneurial skills. As a result of dynamic vision and adaptive attitude towards new-age requirements, KMV has been granted ‘Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Centre for Knowledge Acquisition and Livelihood’ (KAUSHAL KENDRA) under UGC. KMV has the proud distinction of being the first college having been granted this Skill Development Centre under Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
Since its inception in the year 2015, the college has been running six skill-development – Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Courses, namely in Animation, Retail Management, Management & Secretarial Practices, Photography & Journalism, Nutrition, Exercise & Health, Textile Design & Apparel Technology under its umbrella.
In the year 2018, we were granted 3 Master of Vocation (M.Voc.) Courses in Animation & Vfx, Retail Management and Textile Design & Apparel Technology and one more Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) programme in Beauty and Wellness by University Grants Commission.
To equip our students with right skill set and groom them to ensure better employability, KMV has designed all programmes with a provision of multiple entry and exit at various levels. These exit levels are Certificate Course, Diploma, Advance Diploma, and Bachelor of Vocation at under-graduate level and PG Diplomas and Master of Vocation degree at post-graduate level. All these programmes are designed according to the universally accepted Credit based system. More than 1100 students have been benefited by these courses till date.
KMV’s DDU Kaushal Kendra’s Team Leaders:
- Prof. (Dr.) Atima Sharma Dwivedi , Principal
- Dr. Gopi Sharma, Director, DDU Kaushal Kendra
- Ms. Suman Khurana, Incharge -B.Voc. (Animation) & M.Voc. (Animation & VFX)
- Dr. Sabina Batra, Incharge – B.Voc in Management and Secretarial Practices
- Ms. Rashmi Sharma, Incharge – B.Voc. & M.Voc in Retail Management
- Ms. Neeti Kapoor, Incharge – B.Voc in Nutrition, Exercise and Health
- Ms. Harpreet Kaur, Incharge – B.Voc. & M.Voc. In Textile Design and Apparel Technology
- Ms. Vibhuti Kalia, Assistant Professor, Textile Design & Apparel Technology
- Ms. Chetna Arora, Assistant Professor, Retail Management
- Ms. Dimple Ratra, Assistant Professor, Retail Management
- Ms. Arti Thakur, Assistant Professor, Animation
- Mr. Dinesh Kumar, Assistant Professor, Animation
- Ms. Manmeet Kaur, Technical Assistant